Criminal Possession / Criminal Sale of a Controlled Substance
If you have been arrested for Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance or Criminal Sale of a Controlled Substance under New York Penal Law 220 it is a scary and humiliating experience. These cases can result in criminal records, probation, and even jail time. You need a serious and capable attorney that is on your team and believes you. I will get you results.
As a former prosecutor and a criminal defense attorney in practice since 2007 I have the experience to get you a dismissal, non-criminal disposition, or a program (if appropriate). You need a lawyer who can develop a winning strategy, knows the search and seizure law, and can find the flaws in the District Attorney’s case.
- Did the police have probable cause to stop you or your vehicle?
- Was the search lawful? Was there a search warrant?
- Did you have an connection to the location (house, car, street) from which the alleged drugs were allegedly recovered?
- Do you have a prescription for the controlled substance you allegedly unlawfully possessed?
- Who handled the controlled substance (chain of custody) once the police vouchered the evidence?
These cases can result in criminal records, probation, and even jail time. These arrests are serious, you need a serious and capable attorney that is on your team and believes you. I will get you the best result for you given the circumstances.
Criminal Sale of a Controlled Substance
Any conviction for Criminal Sale of a Controlled Substance is a felony under the New York Penal Law. Often times the Assistant District Attorney is looking for information on these cases. It is possible to make great deals if you know about a more serious offense. Call me to learn about your options. The sections of the law are available here: